What's new in Mail Merge Toolkit?
Version 4.3.1 — released on December 7, 2020
Naming capabilities for personalized attachments are enhanced: using an optional name and multiple merge fields is possible.
Version 4.3 — released on January 24, 2020
- New: support of the exclusion list is added: messages are not sent to these recipients, even if the addresses are present in the main recipient list or data source.
- New: the option of generating detailed report for created messages is added.
- Fixed: a problem with missing spaces in the attachment names, obtained from the data file field.
Version 4.2 — released on September 5, 2019
- New: the option "Save copies of the generated files to folder" is now available for RTF and HTML/MHT attachments as well.
- New: a possibility to send product logs to the MAPILab Support Team is added.
- Fixed: an error could appear with the "PDF/RTF/HTML Attachment" message format if message body was kept blank.
- Fixed: in the "Save copies of the generated PDF files to folder" option, an issue with the incorrect file name format is resolved if a data source field is selected as file name.
- New: the mail profile selection option is added.
Version 4.1 — released on June 17, 2019
- New: tracking email campaign results with Google Analytics.
- Check for running programs from the Microsoft Office suite during the installation of the add-in is added, as well as the possibility of force closing them for the correct installation of the add-in.
- Check of the launch of the installation of the add-in with another user’s rights ('Run as Administrator') and automatic selection of the correct installation method is added.
Version 4.0.1 — released on April 4, 2019
- Mechanism of embedding images into HTML-formatted messages is significantly improved.
- Fixed: an error with loading .NET module for connection to SharePoint, known on the systems where different .NET Framework versions are installed, is resolved.
Version 4.0 — released on December 28, 2018
- New: program interface is completely redesigned. Sending personal mailings is now smarter and faster.
- New: personal messages sent attached as files in the PDF format can be saved to the specified local folder or network share.
- New: the number of recipients is displayed.
- Fixed: an issue with processing file masks in the file names got from the data source.
- New: options for viewing program logs are added.
- New: custom setting to delay the start of mailing is added.
- Program Help item is updated.
Version 3.0.2 — released on October 9, 2018
Support for Microsoft Outlook 2019 is added.
Version 3.0.1 — released on April 19, 2018
- Diagnostics logs are improved for advanced troubleshooting.
- Fixed: an issue with processing large recipient lists known with the 32-bit Office 2016 edition.
Version 3.0 — released on February 22, 2018
- The mechanism of generating personalized PDF-documents is improved.
- New: Microsoft SharePoint Lists are supported now as Mail Merge data source.
- Professional edition of the product is released.
Version 188.8.131.52 — released on August 18, 2017
- Fixed: an issue with adding the add-in toolbar to the "Mailings" ribbon tab in Publisher and Word, known in several cases with Microsoft Office 2013-1016.
- Fixed: the "Invalid registry data type" error, known with the recent updates applied over the version 2.6 and lower installed previously.
Version 184.108.40.206 — released on May 17, 2017
- Revised and updated installation / deployment mechanism of the add-in for Microsoft Office applications has been added:
- diagnostics of the current MS Office configuration;
- add-in loading diagnostics in Word, Outlook and Publisher;
- mechanism for fixing loading issues in case the add-in is disabled in any Office applications.
- Diagnostics logs enriched with a new detailed data to simplify troubleshooting.
Version 220.127.116.11 — released on February 10, 2017
- An update for the mechanism for prevention of a system security warning from Outlook when trying to access items has been implemented. This warning appeared in systems of some languages after installation of Outlook 2016.
Version 18.104.22.168 — released on January 30, 2017
Improved handling of large lists of recipients when operating memory is low.
Version 2.12 — released on October 12, 2016
- New feature is added: current document name can be used to rename the attached file which contains the main message text, when the “PDF/HTML/RTF Attachment” message format is selected.
- Fixed: the error known with some specific configurations on closing publication in Publisher.
Version 2.11 — released on July 4, 2016
- New: Logging level option is added for troubleshooting: Mail Merge Toolkit Help button (down-pointing arrow)-> Logging.
- New: alternate action for messages with attachments is added: if the file is unavailable, you can select to stop sending the message with failing attachment. Other available alternates: Skip for this message, Skip for all messages, Stop sending.
- Fixed: an issue with detection of the records number in the data source if some specific filters are used.
Version 2.10 — released on March 22, 2016
If the modes “HTML/RTF/PDF Attachment” are selected for the main document, inserting graphics is now supported for the outgoing HTML message body, generated by the add-in based on the custom form.
Version 2.9 — released on September 7, 2015
- Support for Microsoft Office 2016 has been added;
- Support for Windows 10 has been added.
Version 2.8 — released on January 19, 2015
The format of the outgoing message is changed if the modes: “HTML Attachment”, “RTF Attachment”, or “PDF Attachment” are selected as message format in the add-in settings. The new version of Mail Merge Toolkit generates messages in the HTML format, instead of the previously used RTF.
Version 2.7 — released on June 25, 2014
- An issue with incorrect converting publication to the GIF format by using Mail Merge in Microsoft Office Publisher 2007-2013 is fixed.
- New feature is added in Microsoft Office Publisher: export of publication to the PDF format.
- The method of editing in Microsoft Office Publisher is updated: the built-in editor is now used.
- If you select the "PDF Attachment" message formats in Publisher, you can configure using a separate template in the message body (so that it is not empty if you send your message text as an attachment).
- Unicode support is added.
- The bug of processing filters by the data source record numbers is fixed.
Version 2.6.4 — released on May 27, 2014
- Compatibilty with Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (KB2817430) is added.
- New feature is added: you can use a separate template in the message body if selecting message formats like: "HTML Attachment", "RTF Attachment", "PDF Attachment" (in previous versions, message text was sent in the attachment, and message body was empty).
- An issue with incorrect displaying specific local characters is fixed.
- The method of sending messages with attachment is optimized.
Version 2.6.3 — released on October 18, 2013
- An issue when the registration code is unsaved known if running Microsoft Office Word without Administrator credentials is fixed.
- Unicode paths to the attached files (specific national characters in filenames) are now supported.
- New feature: file masks are now supported in the name of attached files.
- An issue with sending blank message body is fixed – it was known in several cases with the systems where non-English local language settings were used.
Version 2.6.2 — released on February 25, 2013
The feature to send personalized messages as PDF attachments has been added.
Version 2.6.1 — released on November 16, 2012
- Support for Windows 8 has been added;
- Support for Microsoft Office 2013 has been added.
Version 2.6 — released on December 19, 2011
A possibility to use data source fields inside of automated Word fields (for example, Database field) is added.
Version 2.5.7 — released on October 14, 2010
The problem with displaying full path to the attachments has been fixed.
Version 2.5.6 — released on February 19, 2010
Microsoft Office 2010 Beta (64-bit editions) support has been added.
Version 2.5.5 — released on December 10, 2009
Microsoft Office 2010 Beta (32-bit editions) support has been added.
Version 2.5.4 — released on July 22, 2009
- Deployment capability has been extended;
- Minor interface changes.
Version 2.5.3 — released on December 23, 2008
Support for Microsoft Outlook 2007 hotfix package KB958789 has been added.
Version 2.5.2 — released on December 18, 2007
The problem with adding extra character to end of the message has been fixed.
Version 2.5.0 — released on December 11, 2006
- Support for Windows Vista has been added;
- Support for Microsoft Office 2007 has been added.
Version 2.4.0 — released on April 20, 2006
- Attachment Manager has been added;
- Program Installation Wizard has been improved;
- The "Help" section has been enhanced;
- The list of company's products and their description has been updated.
Version 2.3.0 — released on January 17, 2006
Some bugs have been fixed.
Version 2.2.0 — released on July 8, 2005
- A possibility to send messages when the "CC" and "BCC" fields are filled in has been added.
- The fields and the settings of the main window of the program can be saved now.
Version 2.1.0 — released on June 11, 2005
- The way to select accounts has beed changed.
- Now you can send the merged messages with background images.
Version 2.0.0 — released on May 27, 2005
The message converter has been rewritten and the bugs with message formatting have been fixed.
Version 1.7 — released on March 14, 2005
The possibility to send messages through a specifed account has been added.
Version 1.6 — released on February 23, 2005
German language has been added.
Version 1.5 — released on January 13, 2005
- Bug with sending messages by Excel datasource has been fixed.
- Russian language has been added.
Version 1.4 — released on August 27, 2004
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 compatibility issues are fixed.
- Product was tested with Windows XP 64-bit Edition, no known issues.
Version 1.3 — released on August 10, 2004
- The Button "Mail Merge Toolkit" has been added to the "Mail Merge" toolbar of Microsoft Word.
- Now you can send the merged messages like attachments in the RTF format.
- A possibility to send messages to recipients from exchange server's address book has been added.
Version 1.2 — released on January 14, 2004
- Add-in now allows the user to choose save or not to save sent messages(to the Sent Items folder).
- Some bugs have been fixed.
Version 1.1 — released on October 24, 2003
Bug with recognizing the type of message attachment has been fixed.
Version 1.0 — released on October 9, 2003
First public version.