Table of contents:
- 4.1 General information
- 4.2.1 MSI package installation
- 4.2.2 Setup.exe installation
- 4.3 Testing application deployment
Deploying software to multiple workstations in an enterprise can be time and effort consuming. Using automatic deployment tools can optimize this process. We will use MAPILab Mail Merge Toolkit as an example to show the most common (as we see it) modern ways of installing the product on multiple workstations:
- Mass deployment using MSI file and Group Policy.
- On-premises package deployment tools such as System Center Configuration Manager (Endpoint Configuration Manager) from Microsoft or from a third-party vendor such as Ivanti Endpoint Manager, ManageEngine Endpoint Central, and others.
- Cloud-based package deployment tools like Microsoft Intune or third-party alternatives.
- OS image preparation for virtual desktop environments like Azure Virtual Desktop.